… and I still don’t like the freakin’ flowers.
Take it away, Run-DMC. “My Adidas…“
When we first bought our Room & Board couch upon moving into the new house, we splurged on navy, velvet pillows from R & B. (There is navy woven throughout the couch fabric.) Although we really liked a pair of coordinating accent pillows, they were just too expensive. So we made do.
Old couch pillows (bought on the cheap from Bed, Bath & Beyond):
But I was never in love with them. Florals just aren’t my thing. But we needed pillows ASAP.
New couch pillows (bought on the less cheap from Crate & Barrel):
Funny thing is, looking at these pictures, I think, “The old pillows are so much more vibrant.” But in real life, I’m definitely a fan of the new pillows. Such an easy, and relatively affordable, update too.
Awards? Who cares? My best dressed from the red carpet, in particular order…
Milla Jovovich, Ellie Kemper & Michelle Williams (although it’s no ’06 Oscars)
This baby is a brunching machine! She’s been out to 4 brunches in as many weekends. That’s my girl. It’s mommy’s favorite meal after all.
Let’s see how I’m progressing in my efforts to become a better me…
1. Finally learns French – I bought a few iPhone apps, does that count? (Okay, I bought them 6 months ago and have never clicked on them even once.) Grade F.
2. Looks pulled together 80% (let’s be realistic) of the time – Hey, this is hard when only 4 things in one’s closet fit. Grade D.
3. Plays tennis (instead of just watching it) – Noticed there were lighted courts nearby. Grade F.
4. Makes the most of where she lives by getting out on the weekends to see the sights and take in the history – Does the mall count? Grade F.
5. Is a proficient cook – I took a class at Hill’s Kitchen on Tuesday night! Grade D.
6. Watches less TV – There are 5 episodes of The Good Wife piled up in the TiVo. That’s evidence of less TV watching, right? Or I’m just preoccupied with Downton Abbey and NCIS (thanks again for that, mom). Grade D.
7. Does yoga – I thought about buying new yoga pants. Grade F.
8. Is well-traveled – Does the mall count? Grade F.
9. Cultivates strong friendships – Okay, finally we’re getting somewhere. I’ve been developing some great friendships with a few local new mommies. Grade C.
10. Runs 5Ks & half-marathons – I bought shoes. Grade F.
No Burberry trench.
Well, that was a downer.
It may not be the 1 lb. per week that I’m aiming for, but it was weight loss never the less. Another week of zero trips to the gym and a dinner at Capital Grille were not moves in my favor.
Last week: 164.6
This week: 164.0
Hallelujah, I found a replacement moisturizer! Let me introduce you to REN Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream. I first came across this product when I used Sephora’s online skin consultation to get some suggestions for my dry, sensitive skin. Visiting the store to return the Ole Henrikesen, I had all but forgotten the recommendation for REN when I stumbled across it. Reasonably priced at $55 and in a pump, as opposed to a jar. Sold. (There’s something about repeatedly putting my most-likely-clean-but-maybe-not fingers into a jar of cream, lotion or lip balm. That can’t be sanitary, thus the preference for a pump.) Verdict? No adverse reactions and the extreme dryness has been tamed.
I was so pleased that yesterday I ordered the REN Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream. Don’t get me wrong, just because the thing was labeled “day” did not keep me from applying it both day & night, especially since it doesn’t contain SPF. The glowing reviews and promises of extra hydration & antiaging benefits were simply too difficult to resist.
My second box full of monthly goodies from Citrus Lane arrived today. The baby and I received a six month subscription from my dad and stepmom for Christmas, on my stepsister’s recommendation. A great gift idea, no? Each month a box full of appropriately aged baby items (plus a little something for mom) arrives on our doorstep. This month Linden got a toy, book, music CD and alphabet print. Mom got caramel popcorn sprinkled with sea salt. One bag has just 100 calories, so even this dieting mom can enjoy it (and rest assured, I already did).
Now this is a church I could attend! From the ladies over at one of my favorite blogs, desire to inspire, comes this amazing church-reinvented-as-office.
To see more, visit desire to inspire.